As you are aware the Wine Country Fires are still burning and over 57,000 acres and 1,500 structures have been destroyed, including the homes of some of our family and close friends. We want to show our support and do everything we can to help them in this devastating time. Your support is greatly appreciated and will help ease the despair felt by those who have lost their homes and physical possessions.
Right now we’ve been told they need donations. We of course will take anything gently used or new you have to offer, but below are the items in high demand…
Items in high demand:
- Clothing – All types of women’s, children’s, men’s including undergarments as well
- Shoes and Socks – All sizes
- Small Portable Toys – i.e. small LEGO sets, playing cards, matchbox cars, coloring books with crayons, small games, etc.
- Stuffed Animals
- Blankets & Pillows
- Misc. Linens – towels, sheets, pillow cases, sleeping bags, etc.
- Toiletries – toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, diapers, wipes, etc.
- Tech Items – iphone or android cell phone chargers
- Brown Grocery Bags
- Gallon Ziploc Bags
When donating please organize the items in brown grocery bags labeled with gender and size and/or “toys & books” etc. This will help us sort through the items quickly and be able to disperse them in an efficient manner.
If interested in donating please direct message us here, on Facebook, on Instagram or via email email@example.com we will happily come and pick up your donations for you.
If you are interested in making an online monetary donation, please donate to the American Red Cross “Home Fires” or to donate by phone please contact 1-800-HELP-NOW (1-800-435-7669).
Thank you and please spread the word!