Literacy and instilling a love of reading is so important in the lives of our youth. Books teach us, take us away from the mundane and connect us to a world much bigger than ourselves. Reading is a large part of our families lives and we want to help spread the gift of books to others.
MONTHLY MISSION OUTLINE
This month’s mission is a little different than our past missions. We do not have a particular focus group, but rather a target action……spread literacy. Our goal is to collect books in good condition. They can be kids books, board books, picture books, novels, anthologies…..really, any books! We will sort them and donate them to different organizations who will find them as wonderful as the original owners.
- Collect books…glorious books…books of all types from now until June 4th, 2017
- Ask friends and families.
- Come to Our book sorting party….June 4th at 10 am.
- Drop off all your collected items. // You can drop off your books at The Finding Kindness Project drop-off location: 14685 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032 OR email us for pick-up. We are happy to come get your books for you and drop them off as well. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUILDING A KINDNESS COOPERATIVE
Examples of how Rachel & Sue will be putting this Monthly Mission into action:
- Cleaning out our family book shelves.
- Tell family and friends…Ask them to go through their books as well.
- Purchase your favorite book to donate
- Take a peek at our socials throughout the month to see what else we are doing to participate in raising a Kind generation. Use our hashtag, #kindcooperative, to follow along AND tag us so we can see how you are making the world a little more kind.
If you have ideas of organizations or charities that would love book donations….please message us your ideas. Your ideas are valuable to the kindness cooperative’s missions.
Thank you and stay tuned for our next mission.